Monday, January 10, 2011

6 Ways To Make Mondays Better!


Hello all. This morning as you busily check your Inbox and dive back into projects (and last weekend’s frivolity rapidly fades to a distant memory…), take a second to read some of my tips for making the most dreaded day of the week, well, better!

1. Look extra cute for work (or school…or sitting on your couch!). You just did your laundry, got lots of sleep, and are ready to take on the week, right? I don’t know what it is, but whenever I take the time to look extra nice, I have a better day (I like to call it the “blow-dry and high heels effect”!). Start making a point to look extra fabulous on Mondays and it will set a positive tone for the week to come!

2. Get your most arduous work/school task done first thing in the morning. You’ll get a huge energy boost when you finish and will give day a sense of productivity and accomplishment.

3. Indulge in a good cup of coffee. Monday is not the day to go cheap or go without. You need fuel for your week!

4. Have a delightfully bizarre conversation with a complete stranger in the elevator. I do this almost every day and am a better person for it.

5. Stay away from the office candy bowl…at least until 4pm.

6. Start building a supply of treats at your desk to keep yourself feeling pampered and happy throughout the day. My stash includes aromatherapy peppermint spray (so refreshing and apparently promotes focus), a colorful head massager (really cool looking/makes me popular when people’s kids come to the office), lip gloss (a low-cal stand in for candy…KIDDING), a mini zen garden (so fun to rake…the easily amused know what I mean), Gummy Vitamins (don’t let anyone tell you they’re just for kids), and a fun mouse pad (mine is leopard print!). Investing the time to make your workspace a place you actually want to spend time will pay great dividends on the days you feel close to burnout, trust me!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment