Saturday, February 12, 2011

Accessory Obsession: Fingerless Gloves!


Initially popularized by Madonna in the mid-80s, fingerless gloves are making a comeback. No longer just for hobos, hipsters, and Harley-riders, the perfect pair blends seamlessly into the modern fashionista’s wardrobe (and adds a dose of edge to any ensemble!).

For a daytime look with pizzazz, for example, slip your manicured digits into a buttery suede duo. Pair with a classic trench, pearls, and pumps, and don’t be surprised when your co-workers start asking where you shop! And if you want to ensure you don’t pay for a drink all night when you next hit the town with your girls, throw on a black leather pair with distressed skinnies, and a metallic top (you rocker chic you!). Bonus: your digits will be free for all important texting and martini sipping!

In case my enthusiasm didn’t give it away, I just purchased my very own pair of hot pink fingerless phenomenons! And I'm mildly obsessed. My fuzzy new friends have completely revolutionized my daily commute. Not only do they keep me warm while preserving full manual dexterity (those of you who've driven with or near me understand the importance of this), they add a much-needed dose of fun to an otherwise dreary drive. Take it from me; rocking out to Lady Gaga at 7am is far more fabulous in fingerless gloves!

(gloves pictured above from ModCloth)

No comments:

Post a Comment