Friday, April 1, 2011
Things that made me smile this week
Photo: So Lali Dances.
“Life is an opportunity, benefit from it. Life is beauty, admire it. Life is bliss, taste it. Life is a dream, realize it. Life is a challenge, meet it. Life is a duty, complete it. Life is a game, play it. Life is a promise, fulfill it. Life is a sorrow, overcome it. Life is a song, sing it. Life is a struggle, accept it. Life is a tragedy, confront it. Life is an adventure, dare it. Life is luck, make it. Life is too precious, do not destroy it, Life is life, fight for it.”
Here are a few things that captured my fancy/made me happy this past week...
*This colorful graffiti
* Watching old Sex and The City reruns on the elliptical
* Slowly discovering just how bizarre and fabulous my co-workers really are
* These inspiring tips for adding a dose of spring to your interior decor
* This wonderful post by re-PSYCH about cultivating solitude
* Fantasizing about living in a delightfully pink apartment like this one
* Cherry blossoms EVERYWHERE!!
* Discovering this great list of DC area bloggers
* Looking at the lovely art journals of Lisa Sonora Beam, author of The Creative Entrepreneur
* Following the adventures of the The Brox Zoo Corba on Twitter all week (yes I do occasionally do real work!)
* Stumbling upon this epic failure of a marketing campaign, Oh Turkish Airlines...
* Attempting to cook something resembling a "real meal" Monday night and failing miserably...fortunately for me (and perhaps unfortunately for my kitchen utensils) I shall try again! There is a domestic goddess somewhere inside me just waiting to break free, I'm sure of it!
*Going to two movies in one week (Limitless = great, Red Riding Hood = ridiculous...am I surprised really?)
* Getting a deep conditioning hair treatment while munching on Tootsie Rolls at The Shop in Bethesda
* Indulging in delicious Indian food at The Bombay Club...so yummy!
* Looking forward to volunteering with PALS tomorrow morning and checking out the Cherry Blast Saturday night!
Have a lovely weekend friends!