Tuesday, April 19, 2011

What makes you come alive?


Photo: Summer-Salts

“Don’t ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
-Unknown

Yes! Could not agree more!

Here are a few things that make me “come alive”:

DANCING. Whether I’m grooving behind the wheel (as surrounding drivers watch with a mix of amused bewilderment and horror) or pirouetting in a ballet class, few things make me feel more alive and in my body than dancing.

TRAVEL. For me, little compares to the thrill of an adventure. I love exploring new places and meeting people who broaden my horizons and challenge my perspective on the world. I’m current dying to visit Costa Rica, Greece, Turkey, and India!

FRIENDS. Spending quality time with the people I care about is absolute bliss :)

BEAUTY. I absolutely adore creating and appreciating beauty in all of its forms. Art, nature, fashion, writing, dance, and music all make me “come alive”.

What about you?

3 comments:

  1. Once again, very nice post! hmmm things that make me come alive...my family and friends, meditation, blogging, reading, a cup of coffee to name a few

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! I also feel alive when I'm dancing, travelling and spending time with quality friends :)

    Def go to Turkey and India... they are both so amazing in totally different ways :)

    xoxo
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've found myself dancing with my pets a lot. My dog seems into it, but my husband and cats all look at me as if I've lost it.

    ReplyDelete