Tuesday, December 20, 2011
Making the holidays magical
Here are my tips for having a holly jolly holiday season:
* Take goofy family portraits with a group of friends
* Create glittery paper snowflakes and paste them around your home/office
* Build and decorate a gingerbread house with a little kid and don't be afraid to get into it!
* Wander through shopping areas nearby and admire all the pretty window displays
* Bake and decorate sugar cookies
* Host a holiday fete
*Fry up some potato latkes, light the menorah and break out the dradel. Yes, Channukah has begun!
* Rock a tacky Christmas sweater
* Buy the bartender a spiked cider next time your out on the town
* Invest in some great boots, earmuffs, and scarves (baby it's cold outside!)
* Send thoughtful cards to friends, mentors and family members
* Make a holiday-themed mix CD
* Spend an afternoon at Toys-R-Us with friends playing and buying gifts for children in need (Toy for Tots is a great program)
* Run in a charity race
* Organize a Secret Santa gift exchange
* Make the switch from Pumpkin Spice to Eggnog lattes (Is it a bad sign if my Starbucks barista knows more about my life than certain close friends? Wait don't answer that).
* Paint your nails a festive Red
* Get all dressed up and go to high tea with your most fabulous lady friends
* Go ice skating out doors
* Watch the nutcracker
* Indulge in a stay-cation (ie: assemble favorite books, magazines, movies, and your choice of hot coco or champagne, light yummy scented candles and refuse to leave your bed. Yes that's right, all day long.).
*Canoodle by a fire place with a sexy someone (or puppy/copy of the economist if no one in your life presently fits that description, no judgement!)
Wishing you all the very best holiday season!
Peace, love and hair whips,
Posted by Rebecca at 9:24 AM